“The community planning process is not static and plans can be amended as new conditions arise, allowing for the community plan to evolve over time as the community changes”
La Cienega and La Cieneguilla 2001 Community Plan
The communities of La Cienega and La Cieneguilla are in the process of updating their 2001 Community Plan. Since the early 1990’s, residents of the community have been active in a variety planning efforts. In 2001, they completed the La Cienega/ La Cieneguilla Community Plan which was subsequently adopted by the BCC via Resolution 2001-117. In 2007 and again in 2009, the community identified the need to revisit the 2001 Community Plan in light of changes in the area. On January 12, 2011 a new planning committee was formed as per the provisions of Ordinance 2002- 9: La Cienega and La Cieneguilla Traditional Community Planning Area and La Cieneguilla Traditional Community Zoning District. The Ordinance calls for a nine member planning committee representing La Cieneguilla, Upper La Cienega, and Lower La
The following are the current committee members:
Jose Varela Lopez
Lower La Cienega:
Upper La Cienega:
Ivan P Trujillo
Tino B. Gallegos
Santa Fe County Planning staff has been working with the La Cienega/La Cieneguilla Planning Committee in structuring a process to update the adopted Community Plan. Planning committee meetings are held regularly at the La Cienega Community Center. All meetings of the planning committee are open to the public. When completed a draft of the community plan update will be presented to the Board of County Commissioners to consider for adoption by resolution as an amendment to the Sustainable Growth Management Plan. The intent and purpose of this plan update is to:
- Document and map changes and analyze impacts.
- Revisit elements, strategies and recommendations identified in the 2001 La Cienega/ La Cieneguilla Plan.
- Establish a land use plan that supports the community’s vision and goals.
- Provide recommendations for zoning and development standards.
- Draft a Community Work Plan that lists goals and identifies strategies to solve problems on an on-going basis with an emphasis on developing collaborative relationships between residents, governmental agencies and community organizations.
Plan Area Boundary
The plan area boundary is the same as the 2001 plan area boundary which follows the La Cienega Traditional Historic Community boundary. The boundary follows the upper edge of the La Bajada escarpment on the south, follows topographic features and County Road 56 C to the west and north, the southern airport boundary and NM State Highway 599 to the north and east, and Interstate 25 to the east and south.
- Plan Area Boundary Map
- Existing Zoning & Hydrologic Zoning
- Growth Trends
- Parcel Sizes
- Water Supply Systems & Service Areas
- Population & Housing(PDF)
Committee Meeting Notes
- Jan 2011-Dec 2011(PDF)
- Jan 2012- Mar 2012
Contact Us Questions? Comments? Please Call or e-mail
Robert Griego, Planning Manager
986-6215 or email@example.com