Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on November 14, 2017. All five (5) Commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the November 14, 2017 Regular Board of County Commissioners meeting were approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items passed by a vote of 5-0.
• Resolution No. 2017 - 139, A Resolution Adopting The Santa Fe County Americans With Disabilities Act Title II Statement of Policy And Grievance Procedure And The Roads Element Of The Santa Fe County ADA Transition Plan And Authorizing The County Manager To Submit Both Documents To The New Mexico Department Of Transportation
• Ratification of A Termination Agreement of the Water Service Agreement for Sonterra Village.
(End of Consent Agenda)
• Re-Appointment of Suzanne Taylor and Patrick G. Murphy to the Santa Fe County Valuation Protest Board. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Re-appointment of Santa Fe County Staff- Erin Ortigoza and Patricia Boies to Serve on the Santa Fe City and County Advisory Council on Food Policy. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Re-appointment of Emigdio Ballon and Rebecca Baran-Rees to Serve on the Santa Fe City and County Advisory Council on Food Policy. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Resolution No. 2017-140, A Resolution to Support Community and State Tax Stabilization from National Laboratories in New Mexico. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Resolution No. 2017- 141, A Resolution in Support of the Appropriation of Funds by The New Mexico Legislature For The “New Mexico Grown Fresh Fruits and Fresh Vegetables for School Meals Program”. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Resolution No. 2017- 142, A Resolution to Support the 2018 Farm Bill Priorities as a Means to Securing a Regional Food System That is Just and Accessible for All Members of the City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County Communities. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Resolution 2017 - 143, A Resolution Determining Reasonable Notice for Public Meetings During Calendar Year 2018 of the Board of County Commissioners of Santa Fe County and for Boards and Committees Appointed By or Acting Under the Authority of the Board of County Commissioners; Establishing Permissible Meeting Locations and a Webcast and Broadcast Policy; and Rescinding Parts of Resolution No. 2016-136. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Authority for the County Manager to Negotiate, Finalize and Execute all Documents Necessary for the Construction of the East Mountain Regional Health Facility in Accordance with Request for Proposals No. 2018-0150-CM/BT in an Amount Not to Exceed Five Million Dollars ($5,000,000.00) Exclusive of New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Approval of Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 2017-0154-CORR/IC with BI Incorporated to Extend the Term and Increase Compensation Payable to the Contractor for Electronic Monitoring Services for a Total Contract Amount of $940,000.00 exclusive of GRT and Grant Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Approval of Professional Service Agreement No. 2018-0047-B-CSD/MM with Santa Fe County and La Familia Medical Center in the Amount of $786,000, inclusive of NM GRT, to Provide Health Care Services to Address the Health and Social Needs of Uninsured and Underinsured Low-Income Residents of Santa Fe County. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Approval of a Community Development Block Grant Agreement Between Santa Fe County and the New Mexico Department of Finance - Local Government Division, Project 16-C-NR-40, in the Amount of $500,000 Dollars for a Re-roofing Project at the Santa Cruz and Camino Jacobo Housing Sites. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Matters From the County Manager
• Discussion on 2018 Board and Committee Appointments
• Discussion on Status of Transportation Advisory Committee
• Recognition of Retirement of Joey Gonzales, Public Works Auto Parts Technician
Matters From the County Attorney
Executive Session. Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(7) NMSA 1978, and Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(8) NMSA 1978, Including the Following:
• 14 Camino Torricido Loop
• Mt. Chalchihuitl
• Rights-of-Way for County Roads on Pueblo Lands.
Special Closed Meeting of the Board of County Commissioners on November 27, 2017.
• With regard to the special closed meetings of the Board of County commissioners held on November 27, 2017, there was a motion and second to have the minutes state that the matters discussed during the special closed meeting on November 27, 2017, were limited only to those specified in the notice of that meeting; namely, County roads within the exterior boundaries of the Pueblos of Nambe, Pojoaque, San Ildefonso, and Tesuque. Approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Moreno absent.
• Update on the Progress of Negotiation of Rights-of-Way for County Roads on Pueblo Lands.
Land Use Cases (Possible Action Items)*
• CASE #APP 17- 5101 Regina Buckley Appeal Regina Buckley, Appellant, Scott Hoeft, Agent are appealing the Santa Fe County Planning Commission’s decision for denial to allow a variance of Ordinance 2016-9, Chapter 8.6.5 Table 8.9, (Dimensional Standards) Residential Fringe (RES F) to allow 9.19 acres to be divided by way of Family Transfer, into two 4.6 acre lots. The property is located at 11 Sudeste Place, within Section 24, Township 16 North, Range 9 East (Commission District 4). Approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Moreno absent.
• CASE #APP 17-5161 Prabhu Khalsa and Regina Spamer Appeal, Prabhu Khalsa Appellant, Oralynn Guerrerortiz, Agent, are appealing the Santa Fe County Planning Commission’s decision for denial to allow a variance of the Sustainable Land Development Code Ordinance 2016-9 (SLDC) Chapter 220.127.116.11.2, governing height of a structure, to exceed 18’ on a ridgetop, and to allow a two story residence on a ridgetop. The property is located at 01 Anand Nivas Way within the Vicinity of Sombrillo within, Section 12, Township 20 North, Range 8 East, (Commission District 1) Approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Moreno absent.