Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on July 31, 2018. All five (5) Commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the June 26, 2018 Board of County Commissioners Meeting were approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
· Introduction of New Santa Fe County Employees.
· Years of Service of Santa Fe County Employees.
o Five (5) Years: Jimmy Tapia- CSD/Senior Services
Monique Rivera- PSD/Youth Development Facility
Rachel Martinez- PSD/Fire
Manuel Gallegos- PSD/Fire
Michael Judge- PSD/Fire
Ana Laura Hernandez- PW/Building Services
John Romero- PW/Building Services
o Ten (10) Years: John Arnold- PSD/Fire
Jaison Dixon- CMO/IT
o Fifteen (15) Years: Maricela Martinez- CMO/Purchasing
o Twenty (20) Years: Diane Ortiz-Acosta- Housing Administration
Mike Romero- PW/Projects & Facilities
· Recognition of Yvonne Herrera, Santa Fe County Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager, for Receiving New Mexico Association of Government Accountants 2018 Financial Manager of the Year Award.
· Recognition of Sandra Ely for Her Years of Service to Santa Fe County.
· Recognition of Jacki Baca for Her 14 Years of Services with the Santa Fe County Extension Office.
· Recognition of the Santa Fe County Employee of the Quarter, 2nd Quarter of 2018 Awards.
o Public Works: Les Francisco, Solid Waste Superintendent
o CMO/IT: Mark, Murdock, Systems Analyst II
o Public Safety/Corrections: Armando Trujillo, Admin Asst. Offsite Coord.
o Growth Management Jerome Roybal, Development Review Specialist
Les Francisco was selected Employee of the Quarter for the second quarter of 2018.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items passed by a unanimous vote 5-0.
· Approval of County Health Care Assistance Claims in the Amount of $26,998.04.
· Approval of the Collective Bargaining Agreement Between the County of Santa Fe and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Council 18 (Referring to the Bargaining Unit as Local #1413).
· Approval of Amendment No. 3 to the Collective Bargaining Agreement Between the County of Santa Fe and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Council 18 (Referring to the Bargaining Unit as Local #1413M).
· Resolution No. 2018-71, A Resolution Approving the Fiscal Year 2018 Fourth Quarter Financial Report to be Submitted to the New Mexico Department of Finance and Administration, Local Government Division as a Component of the Fiscal Year 2019 Final Budget Submission.
(End of Consent Agenda)
All Action Items passed by a vote of 5-0.
· Appointment of Barry Cooney (District 2) and Nelsy Dominguez (District 3) to the Health Policy and Planning Commission. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2018-72, A Resolution Adopting Projects for Inclusion In Santa Fe County’s Infrastructure Capital Improvement Plan for Fiscal Years 2020-2024; Authorizing Submittal Of Plan To The New Mexico Department of Finance and Administration And Replacing Resolution 2017-86. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2018-74, A Resolution to Conditionally Accept Portions of Dinosaur Trail Located in Commission District 5 to be Designated as a Shared Maintenance Road. Approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Anaya absent at the time of the vote.
· Resolution No. 2018-75, A Resolution Adopting a Schedule of New Water Deliveries for the Second Six Months of 2018 Pursuant to Resolution 2006-57 Approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Anaya absent at the time of the vote.
· Resolution No. 2018-76, A Resolution Budgeting Series 2016 Gross Receipts Tax Advance Refunding Escrow Revenue and Debt Service Expenditure. Approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Moreno absent at the time of the vote.
· Resolution No. 2018- 73, A Resolution Declaring an Emergency. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
· Approval of Amendment No. 7 to Agreement No. 2015-0307-FI/MY with HK Advertising to Provide Lodgers’ Tax Advertising and Promotional Services; Extending the Term and Increasing Compensation by an Additional Amount of $350,000.00, Inclusive of Gross Receipts Tax, for a Total Contract Sum of $1,450,597.96; Authorizing the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Orders. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
· Direction on 2018 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Economic Development Application. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
o Request Approval to Appoint Designee to Act as Certifying Official (CO) for the Environmental Review Process of the 2018 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Application. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
· Authorization for the County Manager to Finalize and Execute Agreement No. 2018-0323-CORR/BT between Santa Fe County and Nations Roof Central, LLC in the Amount of $2,736,270.00, Excluding NM GRT for the Roof Replacement Project at the Santa Fe County Adult Detention Facility and Granting Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
· Approval of Agreement for Lease of Premises, No. 2019-0030-CMO, between Santa Fe County and First Choice Community Healthcare, Incorporated, for the Mountain and Valley Regional Health Center. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Presentation on Upcoming Santa Fe County Fair.
Matters From the County Manager
· Los Alamos County Request for Annexation of Portions of Santa Fe County
Matters from Other Elected Officials (Non-Action Items)
· Elected Officials Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Updates, Concerns, Recognitions.
Matters From the County Attorney
· Executive Session. Items Including But Not Limited To: Limited Personnel Matters, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(2) NMSA 1978, Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(7) NMSA 1978, and Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(8) NMSA 1978.
o Aaamodt Settlement/Pojoaque Basin Regional Water System
o Hyde Park Estates Cooperative Domestic Water Association
o Canoncito at Apache Canyon Mutual Domestic Consumers’ and Mutual Sewage Works Association
o Civil Forfeiture (Item Added)
No action was taken as a result of Executive Session.
Land Use Cases (Possible Action Items)* (To Begin No Earlier Than 2:00 P.M.)
· CASE # MIS 18-5140 Allsup’s Convenience Stores, Inc. Liquor License Transfer of Ownership. Allsup’s Convenience Stores, Inc., Applicant, Linda Aiken, Agent, Request Approval For a Transfer of Ownership of a Liquor License. The Property is Located at 2 Avenida Del Sur, Within the Community College District, Within Section 25, Township 16 North, Range 8 East, (Commission District 5) Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Ordinances (To Begin No Earlier Than 5:00 P.M.)
· Ordinance No. 2018-5, An Ordinance for the County Regional Transit Gross Receipts Tax Reauthorization Election. (North Central Regional Transit District/Peter Dwyer, Legal Counsel) Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
· Ordinance No. 2018-6, An Ordinance Amending the Delayed Repeal of the County Regional Transit Gross Receipts Tax and Reauthorizing the Tax. (North Central Regional Transit District/Anthony Mortillaro, Executive Director) Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
· Community Services Department Monthly Report
· Growth Management Department Monthly Report
· Public Safety Department Monthly Report
· Public Works Department Monthly Report
· Human Resources Division Monthly Report
· Finance Division Monthly Report
Adjournment (Action Item)