Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on September 11, 2018. All five (5) Commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the August 14, 2018 Board of County Commissioners Meeting were approved by a vote of 5-0.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items passed by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2018-92, A Resolution to Authorize the County Manager to Sign and Submit Grant Applications to the New Mexico Environment Department for Funding to Replace Four Trucks Under the Volkswagen Mitigation Trust Funding Program and to Accept Resultant Awards.
· Resolution No. 2018-93, A Resolution Disclaiming Jurisdiction Over or Intent to Enforce County-Required Covenants and Restrictions that Encumber Real Property Subsequently Annexed into an Incorporated Municipality.
· Resolution No. 2018-94, A Resolution Requesting an Increase to the Project Funding Allocation for the Eldorado Trails Project and Requesting a Budget Increase in the State Special Appropriations Fund (318) to Budget Grant No. 18-C2569 for this Project / $100,000.
· Resolution No. 2018-95, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Growth Management Department’s General Fund (101), Economic Development Fund (224), and Developer Fees Fund (231) Budgets in the Amount of $466,840.00.
· Approval of Multiple Source Award, Multiple Term and Indefinite Quantity Agreements No. 2018-0309-CORR/MAM, A-B-C Between Santa Fe County and Shoe Corp. of Birmingham, Inc., Bob Barker Co., Inc. and Victory Supply, LLC, Respectively for Inmate Clothing, Hygiene, Linen and Mattresses, Granting the County Manager Authorization to Sign the Purchase Orders.
· Approval of Change Order No. 2 to Agreement No. 2018-0006-PW/MM Between Santa Fe County and H.O. Construction, Inc. in the Amount of $252,556.00, Exclusive of NM GRT for the Los Pinos Road All-Weather Crossing Project for a Total Agreement Sum of $1,149,516.92, Exclusive of NMGRT and Granting Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order.
· Approval of Second Memorandum of Understanding Regarding Mutual Water Service Cooperation Between Santa Fe County and Eldorado Area Water and Sanitation District (EAWSD) to Provide EAWSD and the Community of Canocito with Water from the Buckman Direct Diversion Project.
· Approval of Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 2017-0286-CORR/BT Utilizing Statewide Price Agreement No. 20-00075 between Santa Fe County and APIC Solutions, Inc. for Installation of Additional Camera Surveillance, Extending the Term an Additional Year and Increasing the Compensation by an Amount of $92,526.92 for a Total Agreement Sum of $942,526.88, Exclusive of NM GRT and Granting Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order.
· Approval of a Memorandum of Agreement (2019-0074-PW) between Santa Fe County and the Cañoncito at Apache Canyon Mutual Domestic Water Consumer and Sewer Association
· Approval of the First Amended Initial Customer Contract for Commitment of Water Services Between Santa Fe County and Univest-Rancho Viejo.
· Approval of Transfer of 8 Acre-Feet from Burro Alley Partners to Santa Fe Water Resources Alliance.
(End of Consent Agenda)
· Appointment of Barbara Felix, Christopher Graeser, Dan Painter, Francois-Marie Patorni and Cass Thompson as Members of the Capital Improvements Advisory Committee (CIAC). Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2018-96, A Resolution Adopting Projects for Inclusion in Santa Fe County’s Senior Services Infrastructure Capital Improvement Plan for Fiscal Years 2020-2024; and Authorizing Submittal of Plan to the New Mexico Department of Finance and Administration. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2018-97, A Notice of Sale Resolution for General Obligation Improvement Bonds, Series 2018 in a Principal Amount of $12,985,000 Including Approval of a Form of Preliminary Official Statement. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of an Order Imposing Tax Rates on the Net Taxable Value of Property Allocated to Appropriate Governmental Units within Santa Fe County for the 2018 Tax Year. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Authorization to Publish Title and General Summary of Ordinance No. 2018-___, An Ordinance Amending Santa Fe County Ordinance No. 2014-10 (“Solid Waste and Recycling Management Ordinance”) to Reduce the Cost of Using County Convenience Centers. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
Matters of Public Concern
Matters From the County Manager
· Update, Discussion and Direction on the County Administration Offices Consolidation and Renovation Project.
Matters from County Commissioners
Presentation and Proclamations (Action Items)
· Approval of A Proclamation Honoring the Public Service of Pablo and Dorothy Sedillo. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of A Letter of Support for the Continued Funding of Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILT) and the Secure Rural Schools (SRS) Program. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
Commissioner Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Constituent Concerns, Recognitions, and Requests for Updates or Future Presentations. (Non-Action Items)
Matters from Other Elected Officials (Non-Action Items)
Elected Officials Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Updates, Concerns, Recognitions.
Matters From the County Attorney
· Executive Session. Limited Personnel Matters, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(2) NMSA 1978; Board Deliberations in Public Hearing(s) on the Agenda, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(3) NMSA 1978; Discussion of Contents of Competitive Sealed Proposals Pursuant to the Procurement Code During Contract Negotiations as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(6); Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(7) NMSA 1978; and, Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(8) NMSA 1978.
o Aamodt Settlement/Pojoaque Basin Regional Water Authority
o Opioid Litigation
o Pending Tort Litigation
o Inspection of Public Records Act Complaint (IPRA)
No action was taken as a result of Executive Session.
Adjournment (Action Item)