SANTA FE, NM - In recognition of Indigenous Peoples' Day, Santa Fe County offices will be closed on Monday, October 14, 2019. County offices will resume regular hours on Tuesday, October 15. Solid Waste Collection Centers are closed on Monday and Tuesday as part of their regular schedule. Collection Centers will resume regular hours on Wednesday, October 16. Essential services provided by Public Safety will continue as usual.
February 26, 2019 BCC Summary
Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on February 26, 2019. All five (5) Commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the January 29, 2019 Board of County Commissioners Meeting were approved as amended by a vote of 5-0.
Recognition of Years of Service for Santa Fe County Employees.
Santa Fe County New Hires in January 2019.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items passed by a unanimous vote 5-0.
· CASE # S15-5052 Univest-Rancho Viejo La Entrada Subdivision Phase 1, Sub-Phase 2 Final Plat Univest-Rancho Viejo, Applicant, Jessica Lawrence, Agent, Requests Final Plat Approval Of Sub-Phase 2 Of The La Entrada Residential Subdivision Phase 1 To Create 24 Residential Lots Within A Previously Approved 404 Lot Residential Subdivision. The Property Is Located Within The Santa Fe Community College District Planned Development District, On Camino Cerro Escondido And Via Orilla Dorado, Within Sections 19 & 20, Township 16N Range 9E (Commission District 5). (Approved 3-0)
· CASE # APP 18-5071 Angelo Ortega, Appeal. Angelo Ortega, Appellant, James W. Siebert & Associates, Agent, Is Appealing The Santa Fe County Planning Commission’s Decision To Deny A Variance Of The Sustainable Land Development Code (SLDC), Of Chapter 10, Section 10.4.2.1 To Allow An Accessory Dwelling Within A Major Subdivision. If The Appeal Is Approved By The Board Of County Commissioners (BCC), The Appellant, Requests A Partial Plat Vacation To Modify A Plat Note That Prohibits Guest Houses Within The Vista De Sandia Subdivision To Allow Lot 10 To Have An Accessory Dwelling Unit. The Property Is Located At 120 North Paseo De Angel, Within The La Cienega And La Cieneguilla Community District Overlay (LCLCCD) (RES-E), Within Section 22, Township 16 North, Range 8 East (Commission District 3). (Approved 5-0)
· Resolution No. 2019-028, A Resolution Approving a Budget Increase to the Fire Operations Fund (244) to Budget the 2019 YCC Grant Award In the Amount of $93,003.
· Resolution No. 2019-029, A Resolution Approving an Increase to Budget the Fire Operations Fund (244) to Budget the State Opioid Response Grant Award In the Amount of $75,000.
· Resolution No. 2019-030, A Resolution Authorizing the County Manager to Prepare, Execute and Submit on Behalf of Santa Fe County a Local DWI Grant Program Application Along with Related Documents and Agreements.
· Approval of Indefinite Quantity Price Agreement No. 2019-0115-FD/CW between Santa Fe County and Zoll Medical Corporation for Mechanical Chest Compression Devices for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Authorizing the County Manager to Sign and Execute the Purchase Order.
· Approval of County Health Care Assistance Claims in the Amount of $34,624.19.
· Approval of Release of LEDA Parcel Mortgage for Bicycle Technologies International, Ltd.
(End of Consent Agenda)
· Approval of Reappointment of Bryan Romero to the Santa Fe County Water Policy Advisory Committee. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Appointment of Matt Wagoner (District 4), Jan Cohen (District 5), Elise “Apple” Snider (Member at Large) to the County Open Lands, Trails and Parks Advisory Committee (COLTPAC). Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019-031, A Resolution Adopting the Water Policy Advisory Committee’s Calendar Year 2019 Work Plan and Meeting Calendar. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019 - 032, A Resolution Approving an Increase to the Fire Operations Fund (244) to Budget the New Mexico Fire Protection Grant Council Award to Various Fire Districts in the amount of $907,100. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Construction Contract No. 2019-0119-PW/MAM Between Santa Fe County and GM Emulsion, LLC for Construction Services for Racetrack Subdivision and Camino Torcido Loop, Drainage and Road Improvements in the Amount of $1,196,916.08, Excluding New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax and Authorizing the County Manager Sign and Execute the Construction Contract and the Purchase Order. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
Matters From the County Manager
· Legislative Update
o Discussion of, Direction on, and Possible Vote of Support for or Opposition to Bills Introduced or Proposed for Introduction in the First Session of the 54th Legislature of the State of New Mexico.
· Presentation and Report from Santa Fe Business Incubator.
· Update on County’s Administrative Offices Project.
Matters from County Commissioners
Resolutions (Action Items)
· Resolution No. 2019-033, A Resolution Opposing the Environmental Protection Agency’s and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Proposed Amendment to the Clean Water Rule Adopted in 2015 Defining Waters of the United States (WOTUS)
· Resolution No. 2019-034, A Resolution Opposing House of Representative Bill 290 or Any Committee Substitutes Introduced During the 54th Legislature – First Session 2019, Which Would Create a Pilot Program Providing Opioid Agonist Treatment to Inmates in Certain Counties.
Proclamations (Action Items)
· Approval of A Proclamation Declaring March 10th 2019 as “Tibetan Freedom Day”.
· Approval of A Proclamation Proclaiming the Month of March, 2019, “Certified Government Financial Managers Month”.
Commissioner Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Constituent Concerns, Recognitions, and Requests for Updates or Future Presentations.
· Approval of Amendment No. 5 to the Employment Agreement Between Katherine B. Miller and the Board of County Commissioners of Santa Fe County. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Position and Comments Made by Commissioner Anna Hansen at the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board Public Hearing on February 21, 2019, In Support of Senator’s Udall and Heinrick Concerns About Order 140.1. No action taken until March 12, 2019.
Matters From the County Attorney
· Executive Session. Limited Personnel Matters, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(2) NMSA 1978; Board Deliberations in Public Hearing(s) on the Agenda, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(3) NMSA 1978; Discussion of Bargaining Strategy Preliminary to Collective Bargaining Negotiations Between the Board of County Commissioners and Collective Bargaining Units, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(5); Discussion of Contents of Competitive Sealed Proposals Pursuant to the Procurement Code During Contract Negotiations as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(6); Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(7) NMSA 1978; and, Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(8) NMSA 1978, including:
o Regional Water System Related to Aamodt Settlement.
o Acquisition of Real Property – 3233 Rodeo Road.
o Settlement Agreement – Suerte del Sur, LLC and Suerte Development Incorporated.
o Bargaining Strategy Relative to Negotiations with Collective Bargaining Units Due for Economic Reopeners or Whose Contracts Have or Will Soon Expire.
o Evaluation of County Manager/Amendment to the Employment Agreement Between Katherine B. Miller and the Board of County Commissioners of Santa Fe County.
There was no action taken while in Executive Session.
· Approval of Settlement Agreement between Santa Fe County and Suerte del Sur, LLC and Suerte Development, Incorporated. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019-035. A Resolution Delegating Authority to the County Manager to Negotiate A Purchase Agreement for Acquisition of 8.92 Acres of Land More or Less, Located at 3233 Rodeo Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico for Potential Development of an Affordable Housing Project. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Community Services Department Monthly Report
· Growth Management Department Monthly Report
· Public Safety Department Monthly Report
· Public Works Department Monthly Report
· Human Resources Division Monthly Report
· Finance Division Monthly Report
· Santa Fe Film Office/ FY2017-19 Performance Highlights
Adjournment (Action Item)