SANTA FE, NM - In recognition of Indigenous Peoples' Day, Santa Fe County offices will be closed on Monday, October 14, 2019. County offices will resume regular hours on Tuesday, October 15. Solid Waste Collection Centers are closed on Monday and Tuesday as part of their regular schedule. Collection Centers will resume regular hours on Wednesday, October 16. Essential services provided by Public Safety will continue as usual.
January 29, 2019 BCC Summary
Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on January 29, 2019. All five (5) Commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the December 11, 2018 Board of County Commissioners Meeting were approved as amended by a vote of 4-0 with Commissioner Roybal being absent at the time of vote.
· Introduction of New Santa Fe County Employees.
· Years of Service of Santa Fe County Employees.
o Five (5) Years: William Baca- Housing Department
Manuel Valdez- Public Safety/Corrections
Tony Flores- County Manager Administration
Chanelle Delgado- Community Services/Health & Human Services
Manuel Olivas- County Clerk’s Office
Roberta Martinez- Housing Administration
Estrella Martinez- County Clerk’s Office
Ashley Woods- Public Safety/RECC
o Ten (10) Years: Julia Valdez- CMO/Commission
Walter Dasheno- Public Safety/Fire
o Fifteen (15) Years: Juventino Alva- Public Safety/Corrections
Aaron Garcia- Public Safety/Corrections
David Ita- Public Safety/Corrections
Daisy Quintana- Public Safety/Corrections
· Santa Fe County Employee of the Quarter, 2nd Quarter of 2018 Awards
o Community Services: Nathan Manzanares, Development Review Specialist
o Support Services: Maricela Martinez, Procurement Specialist
o Public Safety: Clyde Hill, Emergency Vehicle Technician
Clyde Hill was selected Employee of the Quarter for the first quarter of 2019.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items passed by a unanimous vote 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019-009, A Resolution Approving a Budget Increase to Indigent Fund (220) in the Amount of $75,373 to Budget Funds for the Safety Net Care Pool Payment.
· Approval of County Health Care Assistance Claims in the Amount of $38,882.84.
(End of Consent Agenda)
· Approval of Recommendation of County Resident to the City of Santa Fe’s Library Board. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Appointment and Re-Appointment to the Santa Fe City and County Advisory Council on Food Policy. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Appointment to the Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC), District 1. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Re-Appointment of Member to the Santa Fe County Water Policy Advisory Committee. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019-012, A Resolution Adopting a Schedule of New Water Deliveries for the First Six Months of 2019 Pursuant to Resolution No. 2006-57. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019-013, A Resolution Approving a Budget Increase to Developer Fees Fund (231) in the amount of $870,000 for the Purchase of Land at Camino Jacobo Tract B-1, Lot 1 & 2. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· County and City of Santa Fe’s Public Safety Radio Communications System Solutions Project (Project).
o Approval of Memorandum of Agreement No. 2019-0179-RECC/BT between Santa Fe County and the City of Santa Fe Which Outlines the Responsibilities and Cost Sharing for the Project. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
o Approval to Utilize New Mexico State Price Agreement No. 70-000-16-0014AJ for the Project. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
o Resolution 2019 - 014, A Resolution Authorizing the County Manager to Negotiate and Execute All Agreements and Relevant Documents to Effectuate the Public Safety Radio Communications System Solutions Project. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of the Design Build Institute Agreement No. 2019-0016-PW/BT Between Santa Fe County and Integrated Water Services Inc. in the Amount of $7,750,000.00, Exclusive of NMGRT for Design-Build Project Delivery Services of the Santa Fe County Water Reclamation Facility; Authorizing the County Manager to Negotiate the Final Design and Execute the Contract and the Purchase Order(s). Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Amendment No. 2 to Agreement No. 2017-0154-CORR/IC with BI Incorporated, Extending the Term an Additional Year and Increasing the Compensation an Additional $580,000.00 for Electronic Monitoring Services for a Total Contract Amount of $1,520,000.00 exclusive of NMGRT and Granting Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order. Approved 4-0, with Commissioner Hansen absent at the time of the vote.
· Approval of Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 2018-0047-B-CSD/MM with La Familia Medical Center, Extending the Term an Additional Year and Increasing the Compensation $886,000.00 to Provide Health Care Services to Low-Income Residents of Santa Fe County for a Total Contract Sum of $1,672,000.00, inclusive of NMGRT and Granting Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Amendment No. 4 to Agreement No. 2016-0150-DWI/BT Between Santa Fe County and Santa Fe Recovery Center Increasing Compensation an Additional $150,000.00 to Provide Detoxification Services to the Residents of Santa Fe County for a Total Contract Sum of $1,350,000.00, Inclusive of NMGRT and Granting Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Santa Fe Public School District Special All-Mail Ballot Election
o Resolution 2019-015, A Resolution Authorizing the County Manager to Negotiate and Execute All Agreements and Documents Necessary to Conduct the Santa Fe Public School District Special All-Mail Ballot Election on March 5, 2019. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
o Approval to Utilize New Mexico State Price Agreement No. 80-000-18-00064 for Election Supplies and Related Services. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
o Resolution 2019-016, A Resolution to Budget the Services Related to the Special All-Mail Ballot Election (Fund 101). Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· An Ordinance Authorizing the Issuance and Sale of the Santa Fe County, New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax Improvement Revenue Bonds, Series 2019, in an Aggregate Principal Amount not to Exceed $30,000,000 for Purposes of Financing Costs of (1) Planning, Designing, Acquiring, Constructing, Renovating, Rehabilitating, Equipping and Furnishing a County Administration Complex and Related Facilities; (2) Planning, Designing, Surveying and Constructing Roads Pursuant to a Settlement Agreement with the Pueblo De San Ildefonso; (3) Planning Designing, Acquiring and Constructing Capital Improvements Necessary to Comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act Countywide; and (4) Paying Costs of Issuance of the Bonds; Delegating Authority to the County Manager to Execute and Deliver a Bond Purchase Agreement and Pricing Certificate which will Specify the Exact Principal Amounts, Maturities, Prices, Redemption Features, and Other Details of the Series 2019 Bonds; Authorizing the Distribution of a Preliminary Official Statement in Connection with the Sale of the Series 2019 Bonds; Providing that the Series 2019 Bonds Shall Be Special, Limited Obligations, and for the Payment of the Principal of and Interest on The Series 2019 Bonds From the Distributions to the County of the Revenues of the First One-Eighth Increment, the Third One-Eighth Increment, and the One-Sixteenth Increment of the County Gross Receipts Tax Enacted Pursuant to Section 7-20e-9 NMSA 1978, and the One-Eighth Increment of County Hold Harmless Gross Receipts Tax Enacted Pursuant to Section 7-20e-28 NMSA 1978, which are Distributed to the County By the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department Pursuant to Section 7-1-6.13 NMSA 1978; Providing for the Pledge of Such Revenues by the County; Ratifying Action Previously Taken in Connection with the Bonds; and Repealing all Ordinances in Conflict with this Ordinance. Roll Call Vote 5-0.
Matters of Public Concern
Matters From the County Manager
· Miscellaneous Updates
· Legislative Update
o Discussion of, Direction on and Possible Vote of Support for or Opposition to Bills Introduced or Proposed for Introduction in the First Session of the 54th Legislature of the State of New Mexico. (Possible Action Item)
o Discussion of and Direction on Various Capital Outlay Requests Submitted on Behalf of Non-Profit and Community Organizations.
· Presentation Regarding the 2019 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Process and Request Direction for Initiation of Public Proposal Solicitation Process.
· Presentation of Independent Auditor’s Presentation of Audited Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for FY 2018.
· Presentation on FY20 Budget Process
· Capital Planning Update
· Update on E-Agenda Project
Matters from County Commissioners
Resolutions (Action Items)
· Resolution No. 2019-010, A Resolution in Support of the Proposed Health Security Act in the 2019 Legislative Session. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019-011, A Resolution in Support of the Proposed Medicaid Buy-In Program in the 2019 Legislative Session. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019-017, A Resolution Urging Congress to Clarify that the Rights Protected Under the United States Constitution are the Rights of Human Beings and Not the Rights of Artificial Entities, and that Governments May and Shall Regulate Campaign Contributions and Expenditures to Protect the People from Corruption and Undue or Disproportionate Influence in Elections and Government; Asking that Congress Propose a Constitutional Amendment to Provide Such Clarification. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019-018, A Resolution Authorizing Santa Fe County to Join the Coalition of Sustainable Communities New Mexico (“CSC”) as a Founding Member. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
Recognitions and Acknowledgements.
Commissioner Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Constituent Concerns, Recognitions, and Requests for Updates or Future Presentations. (Non-Action Items)
Matters from Other Elected Officials (Non-Action Items)
Elected Officials Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Updates, Concerns, Recognitions.
Matters From the County Attorney
· Executive Session. Limited Personnel Matters, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(2) NMSA 1978; Board Deliberations in Public Hearing(s) on the Agenda, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(3) NMSA 1978; Discussion of Contents of Competitive Sealed Proposals Pursuant to the Procurement Code During Contract Negotiations as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(6); Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(7) NMSA 1978; and, Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(8) NMSA 1978, including:
o Aamodt Settlement/Pojoaque Basin Regional Water Authority
o Evaluation of Santa Fe County Manager
o Water Service Agreement Litigation
o Vista de Sangres Subdivision
· Community Services Department Monthly Report
· Growth Management Department Monthly Report
· Public Safety Department Monthly Report
· Public Works Department Monthly Report
· Human Resources Division Monthly Report
· Finance Division Monthly Report
Adjournment (Action Item)