Report and Remove Graffiti
- Santa Fe County Ordinance No. 2007-12 declares graffiti a nuisance if visible within County jurisdiction on Public Right of Way or County-owned land.
- Upon the owner’s request or permission the County will remove graffiti on private property. The County also removes graffiti on private property when a Public Report is made.
- Santa Fe County created the Graffiti Abatement Program to carry out Ordinance No. 2007-12. The program focuses on Reporting, Removal and Education. Assistance is offered to property owners to remove graffiti.
- Graffiti removal and free paint are available to residents by calling the County’s Graffiti Hotline at 505-995-2721.
- The County’s Paint Voucher Program offers 1 gallon of free paint for County residents to paint over graffiti.
- The Teen Court Program works in conjunction with County abatement efforts to clean-up graffiti and to create public art murals in the process.
- It is the responsibility of the owners to clean up graffiti on their property. In cases of noncompliance, property owners face fines of up to $300 and/or 364 days in jail.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Your assistance is greatly appreciated. We are all in this together!
To report vandalism in progress, graffiti, or to request its removal:
Call the Graffiti Hotline — 505-995-2721
To report information about vandalism call Crime Stoppers:
Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $500 for information leading to the arrest of persons vandalizing property with graffiti.
Report Grafitti or Sign up to Receive Free Paint
Select one of the two options below and fill out the information below.
All fields required except photo upload, which is optional.
Limit 1 gallon per household.
*Color availability dependent on what has been donated*