How to Apply for Jobs
All applications for vacant Santa Fe County Job positions must be submitted online.
You may apply online here or from a computer at the Santa Fe County Human Resources Division. The Human Resources Division is located at 949 West Alameda Santa Fe NM 87501. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application. The telephone number is 505-992-9880, and the fax number is 505-992-9895.
You can create a profile by creating a username and password. This profile will save in the system and you can use it each time you apply for a new position. If you need to make any changes, you can always go in there and edit your profile at any time.
CREATE A PROFILE AND APPLY ONLINE HERE »
For law enforcement jobs, please download, complete, scan and attach the following form:
TIPS FOR A COMPLETE APPLICATION
- Make sure your application represents your employment history accurately and that it includes valid professional references and telephone numbers.
- Make sure all contact information is current.
- When filling out the duties section, be specific in your explanation.
- Make sure to complete employment dates.
- Fill out the reference section with current information including a professional reference (cannot be a relative).
- Attach any required documentation, for example, high school diploma or equivalent, a degree, or certifications. (See additional info on document attachments below.)
- If the job posting has a closing date, be sure to submit it before or by the close of business the day it closes.
- Be sure the application is completely filled out. We do not accept resumes in lieu of the application.
Required Application Document Attachments
It is very important to upload and attach required documents with your application before the closing date and time for the position for which you apply. Read the minimum qualifications to know what is required for each job (H.S. diploma or equivalent, driver’s license, certifications, etc.). For law enforcement jobs, see note above regarding the Hold Harmless Agreement.
Once you submit your application, you can no longer upload any documents to that submitted application, so please ensure you upload everything you need before you click the "SUBMIT APPLICATION" button.
- Once a job has closed, the Human Resources Division will screen all applications received by the closing date to determine if applicants have met the minimum qualifications.
- Applications of the applicants who met the minimum requirements will be sent to the hiring department or office.
- Applicants who have not met the minimum requirements will be notified by the Human Resources Division.
- The hiring department or office will then proceed to the interview process.
- The hiring department will then make a contingent offer, and the selected candidate will be notified and subject to pre-employment testing.