How to Apply for Jobs
Applying For County Jobs
There are many ways to apply for County jobs. You may submit an application online, in person, by mail, or by fax.
The Human Resources Division is located at 949 West Alameda Santa Fe NM 87501. The telephone number is 505-992-9880, and the fax number is 505-992-9895.
You may also print the application. Employment Application (PDF Document Format, Adobe Acrobat needed) Employment Application (Word Document) Please attach the Pre-employment Inquiry Authorization Release Form to all applications. For law enforcement jobs, please attached the following form:
- To view a printable version of our application, click on the PDF application line above. The application window will pop up.
- Choose the print option located at the top of your browser.
- Fill out the application and return it to the Human Resources Division.
Job Application Tools
- Make sure all contact information is current.
- When filling out the duties section, be specific in your explanation.
- Make sure to complete employment dates.
- Fill out the reference section with current information.
- Sign and date the application.
- Attach any relevant documentation, for example, high school diploma or equivalent, a degree, or certifications.
- If the job posting has a closing date, be sure to turn it in to the Human Resources Division before or by the close of business the day it closes.
- Be sure the application is completely filled out. We do not accept resumes in lieu of the application.
- Once a job has closed, the Human Resources Division will screen all applications received by the closing date to determine if applicants have met the minimum qualifications.
- Applications of the applicants who met the minimum requirements will be sent to the hiring department or office.
- Applicants who have not met the minimum requirements will be notified by the Human Resources Division.
- The hiring department or office will then proceed to the interview process.
- The hiring department will then make a contingent offer, and the selected candidate will be notified and subject to pre-employment testing.