Solid Waste Permit Information
Walk-in Applications and Permits are available at:
1. Santa Fe County Treasurer's Office at 102 Grant Ave Santa Fe, NM 87501. 986-6329. Open 8-5 Monday thru Friday.
Low-Income and Senior Citizen Credit
1. Senior Citizen Credit. For those residents who are age sixty-five (65) or older, the standard fee can be reduced by five dollars ($5.00). In order to qualify for the Senior Citizen credit, the applicant must present, at either a) the County’s Utility Department (424 NM 599 (Bypass; on the West State Road 599 Frontage Road), phone 992-9870), or b) at one of the County’s Satellite offices, along with a written application for the Permit, one of the following documents; (i) Birth certificate; (ii) Passport; (iii) current New Mexico Driver’s license or New Mexico state-issued identification card.
2. For Low-Income residents, the standard fee is reduced by ten dollars ($10.00). In order to qualify for the Low-Income credit, the applicant must present proof of income by presenting, along with a written application for the Permit, a copy of their last current year federal tax return showing that their Adjusted Gross Income was less than $24,000.00. Persons applying for the Low-Income discount must present their completed Application for the Permit at either a) the County’s Utility Department, located at 424 NM 599 (Bypass; on the West State Road 599 Frontage Road), phone 992-9870 or b) at one of the County’s Satellite offices.
3. For those residents who may qualify for both the Low-Income and Senior Citizen credit, only the higher credit of ten dollars ($10.00) shall be applied.
4. A resident, who applies for a Permit, will be required to sign, under oath, that they are purchasing the permit for their personal use (i.e., not for another family member, a neighbor or any other person or entity).