Economic Development: Blending Cultures, Art, Technology, And Place
Santa Fe County combines native culture with diverse colorful communities that include the oldest capital city in the USA, Historic Villages and Towns, such as Agua Fria or Madrid, and several Tribal Nations. Our county is full of wide open spaces and trails, expansive vistas, and some of the best sunsets you will ever see. For Santa Fe County residents and visitors, this creates the special quality of life we all appreciate.
Economic Development in Santa Fe County requires a resilient infrastructure that promotes affordable housing programs, a vibrant local food system, and connectivity through broadband.
The County recognizes the need for occupational diversity and an educated, trained, and responsive workforce with skills in emerging industries like green technologies. Santa Fe County is a partner in programs with the Santa Fe Community College and others to address this critical need.
While the County is open to working with all, our economic development objectives and target industries are centered upon businesses and agencies supporting the following:
- Strong and resilient infrastructure through broadband and affordable housing programs
- Green Industry- Renewable Energy and Water Conservation
- Arts and Culture
- Local Agriculture promoting food security and resilience
- Ecotourism and Outdoor Recreation
- Business Development/Expansion/Retention
- Regional Partnerships
- Workforce training and development