The Santa Fe County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) is made up of five County Commissioners who serve four-year terms with a two-term limit. Commissioners are responsbile to the voters, but their duties are defined and controlled by the state constitution and state statutes. The Board is responsbile for making and enforcing county policies, long-range county planning, approving budgets, and overseeing spending.
- Legislative Authority: The Board has the power to adopt ordinances and resolutions that govern Santa Fe County. This includes setting policies on issues such as zoning, land use, public safety, public health, and other matters that affect the residents of Santa Fe County.
- Fiscal Responsibility: The Board is responsible for approving and managing Santa Fe County's budget. This includes setting tax rates, authorizing expenditures, and ensuring that the county's financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
- Administration: The Board appoints the County Manager who is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the county government.
- Public Services: The Board is responsible for providing a range of public services, such as roads and transportation, parks and recreation, waste management, and emergency services.
- Regional Planning: The Board may be responsible for participating in regional planning efforts that involve multiple inter-governmental agencies, such as transportation planning or economic development initiatives.
- Citizen Engagement: The Board is responsible for engaging with and responding to the concerns of the county's residents. This involves holding public meetings and forum, responding to inquiries and requests, and providing information to the public.
BCC Meeting Information
Regular meetings of the Board of County Commissioners are held at 2:00 p.m. on the second and last Tuesday of each month. Meetings are held in the historic John Gaw Meem Courthouse at 102 Grant Avenue, Santa Fe, and virtually via Webex. For the complete regular Board of County Commissioners meeting schedule for the current calendar year, click here.
Members of the public have the choice of listening and participating in BCC meetings in person or virtually. Members of the public listening and participating in person are required to comply with Santa Fe County policies concerning visitor screening and the wearing of cloth face coverings in effect on the day of the meeting. Members of the public may also listen and participate in the meetings via Webex or watch the meetings on the County's YouTube or Facebook channels.
Members of the public have the opportunity to address the Board of County Commissioners at regular BCC meetings during Matters of Public Concern. Pre-register to speak during Matters of Public Concern.
For a complete list of meeting documents (agendas, packet materials, and minutes), view the information below or visit the County's online meeting software.
2024 Board of County Commissioners (BCC) Meeting Documents
Agenda: BCC 01-09-2024
Meeting: BCC 01-09-2024 Meeting Summary
Minutes: BCC 01-09-2024
Meeting: Notice of Quorum at Special Event - Hazard Mitigation 01-18-24
Agenda: BCC 01-23-2024
Meeting: Notice of Special BCC Meeting 01-23-24.pdf
Minutes: Special BCC 01-23-2024