(911 Emergency and Non Emergency Dispatch)
The Santa Fe Regional Emergency Communications Center has existed since 2002 as the result of a “Joint Powers Agreement” between the City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County. The RECC receives all police, fire, medical and animal control Emergency 911 calls and non-emergency calls for the City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County and dispatches the appropriate agency to the location as needed. The Center operates on a 24-hour/7 day a week schedule.
The RECC is governed by the Santa Fe Regional Emergency Communications Center Board of Directors. The Board of Directors consists of the City Manager and County Manager, City Police Chief and County Sheriff, City Fire Chief and County Fire Chief, Town of Edgewood Chief of Police and an At-Large Civilian. The meetings are open to anyone who wishes to attend should there be any matters of public concern pertaining to the Regional Emergency Communications Center.
As Team Members of the Santa Fe Regional Emergency Communications Center, we are committed to providing prompt, accurate, coordinated and reliable E-911 and emergency dispatch service for all of those that we serve. Such service shall be provided in a courteous, responsive and professional manner and be recognized as a trusted provider of emergency communications. To act with integrity and professionalism; maintaining an environment responsive to the needs of the agencies, organizations, and community that we serve and capitalize on new and advancing technology and innovations to further our mission and strengthen our partnership with all we serve.
Goals of the RECC
- Provide the most effective emergency communications possible for the citizens and visitors of the Santa Fe area of New Mexico.
- Provide public safety field personnel with professional communication services with emphasis on safety, accuracy and cooperation.
- Maintain professional standards, which allow the RECC to attract, train and retain the best-qualified employees for the essential service that it provides.
- Provide good jobs to competent people.
- Establish a relevant and effective training program.
- Assist other public safety and service agencies whenever possible.
- Be innovative in providing our services.
Are You Interested in Pursuing a Career?
The Santa Fe Regional Emergency Communications Center continuously recruits, accepts applications and trains for Emergency Communication Specialist (Dispatcher) positions. Download the Santa Fe Regional Dispatch Testing Process.
RECC Contact Information
Santa Fe Regional Emergency Communications Center
35 Camino Justicia
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87508
Telephone: (505) 428-3710
Fax: (505) 428-3735
ALL PUBLIC RECORDS REQUESTS
Roberto J Lujan