Small Business and Non-profit Stabilization Grant Program
para información en español ver aquí
IMPORTANT NOTICE: APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
Receiving Updates on Program
To stay up-to-date on the latest news regarding this program please sign-up for our newsletter here or regularly visit this page for updates.
For more information concerning this program and the eligibility requirements and required documentation please read below.
Santa Fe County, The City of Santa Fe, and Town of Edgewood are provided CARES ACT emergency financial support through the Small Business and Non-profit Stabilization Grant program to qualifying businesses and non-profits to assist with costs associated with business interruption caused by COVID-19 and the resulting public health orders.
This program provided 171 local businesses and organizations one-time grants up to $25,000. A total of $3,708,297.43 was granted to local businesses from October-December 2020 with an average award amount of $21,685.95.
Starting on October 9th- December 18, 2020 applications were made available and accepted through our partnering agencies. To learn more about the details, requirements, and qualifications of this grant please see below.
- Business Continuity: this includes non-owner payroll, rent, scheduled mortgage payments, insurance, utilities, or marketing.
- Business Redesign: this includes, but is not limited to, spending on reconfiguring physical space and/or PPE for adherence to COVID-Safe Practices, such as installing plexiglass barriers, purchasing, web-conferencing or other technology to facilitate work-at-home, PPE for employees, or temporary structures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Small Businesses and nonprofits that are eligible for the Small Business and Nonprofit Stabilization Grant Funding must:
- Possess a current Santa Fe County, and/or City of Santa Fe, and/or Town of Edgewood Business License (Businesses or Nonprofits in the City of Española must apply to the City of Española for Grant Funding)
- Have a principal business address that is registered and located within Santa Fe County
- Businesses or organizations cannot exceed 100 employees (sole proprietorships qualify);
- Demonstrate a reduction of at least 25% in revenues due to COVID-19
- Have incured documented expenses for grant between March 1 and December 30, 2020
- Have been in business since, or prior to, March 1, 2019
- Revenues of business or non-profit must not exceed $5,000,000 prior to impact of COVID-19;
- If nonprofit, received its 501(C)(3) designation prior to March 1, 2019 and have audited financials ( if earned more than $500,000 in revenue) and be determined to be in good financial standing
- If non-profit, the organization must have no part of its net earnings going to benefit any member, founder, contributor or individual
- Be current on all New Mexico State Taxes
- Agree to explore and review business counseling for financial and business continuity planning with entrepreneurial support organizations (ESOs).
For any inquiries or questions about this program please email Santa Fe County staff at: [bot protected email address]