September 25, 2018 BCC Summary
Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on September 25, 2018. All five (5) Commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the August 28, 2018 Board of County Commissioners Meeting were approved as amended by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
· Recognition of Years of Service for Santa Fe County Employees.
o Five (5) Years: Daniel Sanchez- CMO/IT
Chrisann Romero- GM/Land Use
Jose Talache- Sheriff’s Office
Maria Lohmann- GM/Planning
o Ten (10) Years: Phillip Salazar- County Clerk/Bureau of Elections
Veronica Duran- County Clerk/Reporting & Recording
Alex Grant- PW/Solid Waste
o Fifteen (15) Years: Lisa Katonak- CMO
Jennifer LaBar- CMO/Film
Melanie Ramirez- CMO/Finance
Robert Sandoval- PW/Projects
Michael Delgado- Sheriff’s Office
Mark Esparsen- Sheriff’s Office
· Introduction of New Santa Fe County Employees.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of County Health Care Assistance Claims in the Amount of $44,315.99
· Approval of an Indefinite Quantity Price Agreement No. 2018-0153-PW/MM Between Santa Fe County and ACME Leasing to Lease and/or Lease to Purchase Electric Vehicles for County Use; Authorizing the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Orders.
· Approval of a Water Delivery Agreement No. 2019-0072-PW Between Santa Fe County and Browncastle Ranch/Santa Fe Skies RV Park of 0.8 Acre-Foot of Water to Meet Anticipated Future Demand.
· Approval of Amendment No. 1 to Agreement 2018-0077-IT/IC Between Santa Fe County and Superion, LLC., Extending the Term an Additional Year and Increasing the Compensation by $191,868.42 for a Total Contract Sum of $332,347.63 and Authorizing the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order.
· Resolution No. 2018-098, A Resolution Delegating Authority to the County Manager to Negotiate and Execute all Documents Necessary for the Acquisition of Real Property Interests Necessary for Construction of the County Road 54 Drainage Improvement Project.
· Resolution No. 2018-099, A Resolution Amending Resolution No. 2014- 143 to Increase the County Manager’s Signatory Authority to Approve and Sign Grant Applications, Grant Agreements and Other Grant Documents.
· Resolution No. 2018-100, A Resolution Requesting the Increase to the Budget in the Economic Development Fund (224) for the LEADS Grant Awarded by the State Economic Development Department in the Amount of $8,000.
(End of Consent Agenda)
· Resolution No. 2018-101, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Community Services Department’s Indigent Fund (223) in the Amount of $500,162. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
Matters of Public Concern
Matters From the County Manager
· Update on Capital Improvements Advisory Committee (CIAC) and Santa Fe County Fire Impact Fees.
Matters from County Commissioners
· Presentation and Information on the Upcoming NMHU Foundation Painter’s Exhibit.
· Presentation by the North Central Regional Transit District (NCRTD) Regarding the Upcoming Election on November 8, 2018, Requesting Reauthorization of the County Transit Gross Receipts Tax.
· Presentation on the Regional Coalition of LANL Communities.
Miscellaneous (Action Items)
· Approval of a Letter of Support for the Suspension of the Implementation of Order 140.1 to allow the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (DNFSB), Congress, Affected State and Local Governments, and the Public Sufficient time to Review and Comment on Order 140.1. Approved by a vote of 3-0, with Commissioner Anaya being absent at the time of the vote and Commissioner Hamilton abstaining.
Resolutions (Action Items)
· Resolution No. 2018-102, A Resolution Opposing the Addition of a Citizenship Question to the 2020 Census. Approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Anaya being absent at the time of the vote.
· Resolution No. 2018-103, A Resolution in the Interest of Protecting Our Lives, Land and Water From Radioactive Waste Risks. Approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Anaya being absent at the time of the vote.
· Resolution No. 2018-104, A Resolution Urging Full Funding and Permanent Reauthorization of the Land and Water Conservation Fund Prior to September 30, 2018. Approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Anaya being absent at the time of the vote.
· Resolution No. 2018-105, A Resolution Acknowledging Santa Fe County Historical and Cultural Events. Approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Anaya being absent at the time of the vote.
Proclamations (Action Item)
· Presentation and Approval of A Proclamation Declaring the Second Monday in October As Indigenous Peoples’ Day in Santa Fe County. Approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Anaya being absent at the time of the vote.
Commissioner Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Constituent Concerns, Recognitions, and Requests for Updates or Future Presentations. (Non-Action Items)
Matters from Other Elected Officials (Non-Action Items)
Elected Officials Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Updates, Concerns, Recognitions.
Matters From the County Attorney
· Executive Session. Limited Personnel Matters, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(2) NMSA 1978; Board Deliberations in Public Hearing(s) on the Agenda, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(3) NMSA 1978; Discussion of Contents of Competitive Sealed Proposals Pursuant to the Procurement Code During Contract Negotiations as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(6); Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(7) NMSA 1978; and, Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(8) NMSA 1978.
o Aamodt Settlement/Pojoaque Basin Regional Water Authority
· Community Services Department Monthly Report
· Growth Management Department Monthly Report
· Public Safety Department Monthly Report
· Public Works Department Monthly Report
· Finance Division Monthly Report
· Human Resources Division Monthly Report
Adjournment (Action Item)