November 13, 2018 BCC Summary
Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on November 13, 2018. Four (4) Commissioners were present with Commissioner Roybal’s absence being excused.
The BCC meeting minutes from the October 9, 2018 Board of County Commissioners Meeting were approved by a vote of 4-0.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items passed by a vote of 4-0.
· Approval of a Santa Fe County Line Extension and Water Delivery Agreement Between Santa Fe County and John Ballew for JJR Development Greenhouse
· Approval of a License Agreement Between Santa Fe County and the New Mexico Department of Transportation Authorizing Construction of Drainage Improvements on County Road 55A.
· Acceptance of Grant of Easement, Equipment, and Appurtenances to Allow the Incorporation of the Santa Fe Metro Center Private Water System into the Santa Fe County Water Distribution System.
· Approval of Lot Line Adjustment Plat and Declaration of Water Restrictions and Conservation Covenants for County of Santa Fe, Pojoaque Valley Recreation Complex and James Langenbrunner Tracts.
· Approval of Multiple Source Award, Multiple Year and Indefinite Quantity Contracts Nos. 2019-0097-A-PW/MAM, and 2019-0097-B-PW/MAM with Dunn-Edwards and Big Jo True Value, Respectively for Miscellaneous Construction Tools and Supplies and Granting Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Orders.
· Approval of Amendment No. 2 to the Professional Service Agreement No. 2017-0062-CSD/RM Between Santa Fe County and Elizabeth Peterson Consulting, Extending the Term of the Agreement an Additional Year and Increasing the Compensation an Additional $125,000.00, Exclusive of NM GRT for a Total Agreement Amount of $375,000.00 and Granting the County Manager Authorization to Sign the Purchase Order.
· Resolution No. 2018-116, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase/Decrease to EMS Fund (206) to Adjust the Budget for the Current Year Allocation to the Actual Distribution Amount / (+6,139/-$18,182).
· Resolution No. 2018-117, A Resolution Approving a Budget Increase to Capital Outlay GRT (313) to Budget Funds for Insurance Recoveries for Floods in the Amount of $165,530.00.
(End of Consent Agenda)
· Santa Fe River Greenway Trail:
o Approval of Change Order No. 3 to Construction Services Agreement No. 2017-0281-PW/KE between Santa Fe County and Kimo Constructors, Inc., in the Amount of $614,462.37, Exclusive of GRT for the Santa Fe River Greenway, Section “A” and Authorizing the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Orders. Approved by a vote of 4-0.
o Approval of Contract Amendment No. 5 to Professional Services Agreement No. 2016-0173-PW/BT between Santa Fe County and Weston Solutions, Inc. in the Amount of $100,040.00, Exclusive of GRT for the Santa Fe River Greenway, Section “A” and Authorizing the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order. Approved by a vote of 4-0.
Matters From the County Manager
o Presentation of Fiscal Year 2019, First Quarter Performance Results and Strategic Plan Update.
o Legislative Update
o Calendar Year 2018 Holiday Schedule
Matters from County Commissioners
Resolutions (Action Items)
o Resolution No. 2018-118, A Resolution in Support of the Appropriation of Funds by the New Mexico Legislature for the “New Mexico Grown Fresh Fruits And Fresh Vegetables for School Meals Program” and Related Education Programs. Approved by a vote of 3-0, with Commissioner Anaya absent at the time of the vote.
Commissioner Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Constituent Concerns, Recognitions, and Requests for Updates or Future Presentations. (Non-Action Items)
Matters From the County Attorney
· Executive Session. Limited Personnel Matters, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(2) NMSA 1978; Board Deliberations in Public Hearing(s) on the Agenda, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(3) NMSA 1978; Discussion of Contents of Competitive Sealed Proposals Pursuant to the Procurement Code During Contract Negotiations as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(6); Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(7) NMSA 1978; and, Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(8) NMSA 1978, including:
o Aamodt Settlement / Pojoaque Basin Regional Water Authority
Public Hearing (To Begin No Earlier Than 5:00 P.M.)
Land Use Cases (Possible Action Items)*
· CDRC CASE # S 15-5052 Univest-Rancho Viejo La Entrada Subdivision Phase 1, Sub-Phase 2 Final Plat. Univest-Rancho Viejo, Applicant, Jessica Lawrence, Agent, Requests Final Plat Approval Of Sub-Phase 2 Of The La Entrada Residential Subdivision Phase 1 To Create 24 Residential Lots Within A Previously Approved 404 Lot Residential Subdivision. The Property Is Located Within The Santa Fe Community College District Planned Development District, On Camino Cerro Escondido And Via Orilla Dorado, Within Sections 19 & 20, Township 16N Range 9E (Commission District 5). Motion to table passed 3-0, with Commissioner Anaya not present at the time of the vote.
· BCC CASE# APP 18-5071 Angelo Ortega, Appeal. Angelo Ortega, Appellant, James W. Siebert & Associates, Agent, is appealing the Santa Fe County Planning Commission’s decision to deny a variance of the Sustainable Land Development Code (SLDC), of Chapter 10, Section 10.4.2.1 to allow an accessory dwelling within a major subdivision. If the appeal is approved by the Board of County Commissioners (BCC), the Appellant, requests a partial plat vacation to modify a plat note that prohibits guest houses within the Vista de Sandia Subdivision to allow lot 10 to have an accessory dwelling unit. The property is located at 120 North Paseo De Angel, within the La Cienega and La Cieneguilla Community District Overlay (LCLCCD) (RES-E), within Section 22, Township 16 North, Range 8 East (Commission District 3). Tabled until December 11, 2018.
Adjournment (Action Item)