November 27, 2018 BCC Summary
Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on November 27, 2018. All five (5) Commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the October 30, 2018 Board of County Commissioners Meeting were approved as amended by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
o Recognition of Years of Service for Santa Fe County Employees.
o Five (5) Years: Claudia Borchert- Public Works/Sustainability
Patricia Lott- Public Works/Solid Waste
Leonard Montoya- Public Safety/Corrections
o Ten (10) Years: Michael Jaffa- Public Safety/Fire
Stephen Orr- Sheriff’s Office
o Introduction of New Santa Fe County Employees.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items passed by a unanimous vote 5-0.
· Case # SLTE 18-5010 Request for Extension of Time to File Saleh Phase I Plat.* Senemar, LLC, Applicant, Design Enginuity, Agent, Requested an Extension of the Recording of an Approved Preliminary and Final Plat. Saleh Phase 1 Creates 3 Commercial Lots on 24 + Acres. The Property is Located on the South Side of I-25 and East of Richards Avenue, Within Section 16, Township 16 North, Range 9 East (Commission District 5). Jose E. Larrañaga, Case Manager (Approved 5-0)
· Approval of County Health Care Assistance Claims in the Amount of $50,488.63.
(End of Consent Agenda)
· Approval of the Appointment of Dr. Laura Brown to the Health Policy and Planning Commission. Approved by vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Appointment of Jose Gonzales and Loralee Freilich to the DWI Planning Council. Approved by vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Multiple Source Award, Multiple Year Contracts Nos. 2019-0004-A-PW/MAM, 2019-0004-B-PW/MAM, and 2019-0004-C-PW/MAM for the Purchase of Various Traffic Control Devices, Including Signs, Sign Blanks and Historic Markers for County Road Improvement Projects Throughout the County and Granting Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Orders. Approved by vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Multiple Source Award, Multiple Year Contracts Nos. 2018-0286-A-PW/MAM, 2018-0286-B-PW/MAM and 2018-0286-C-PW/MAM for the Purchase of Various Traffic Control Devices, Including Reflective Signs, and Pavement Marking Materials for County Road Improvement Projects Throughout the County and Granting Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Orders. Approved by vote of 5-0.
· Approval of A County Line Extension and Water Delivery Agreement Between Santa Fe County and Jacques Constant for Northwest Ranches Subdivision. Approved by vote of 5-0.
· Approval of A Change to Fee Schedule for Rentals of the Stanley Cyclone Center to Include Non Profit Events, Private Events, and Weddings. Approved by vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2018-119, A Resolution Determining Reasonable Notice for Calendar Year 2019 in Accordance with the New Mexico Open Meetings Act, Applicable to All Meetings of the Board of County Commissioners (“BCC”) and to the Meetings of Any Boards and Committees Created and Appointed by the BCC (“Appointed County Committees”); Establishing Permissible Meeting Locations and Webcast and Broadcast Policy. Approved by vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2018-120, A Resolution Authorizing Holidays, Closing of County Offices, and the 2019 Santa Fe County Employee Calendar. Approved by vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2018-121, A Resolution Approving a Budget Increase To General Obligation Bond Series 2018 Fund (358) in the amount of $13,223,597 and the Debt Service Fund (401) $98,431 to Budget Funds for 2018 Bond Sale. Approved by vote of 5-0.
Matters From the County Manager
· Legislative Update
o Discussion of, Direction on and Possible Vote of Support for or Opposition to Bills Introduced or Proposed for Introduction in the First Session of the 54th Legislature of the State of New Mexico.
Matters from County Commissioners
Commissioner Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Constituent Concerns, Recognitions, and Requests for Updates or Future Presentations. (Non-Action Items)
Matters from Other Elected Officials (Non-Action Items)
Elected Officials Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Updates, Concerns, Recognitions.
Matters From the County Attorney
· Executive Session. Limited Personnel Matters, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(2) NMSA 1978; Board Deliberations in Public Hearing(s) on the Agenda, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(3) NMSA 1978; Discussion of Contents of Competitive Sealed Proposals Pursuant to the Procurement Code During Contract Negotiations as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(6); Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(7) NMSA 1978; and, Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(8) NMSA 1978.
o Aamodt Settlement/Pojoaque Basin Regional Water Authority
o Limited Personnel - Executive Management Matter
o Camino de Jacobo Real Estate Purchase Agreement
o Briefing on Contract Litigation
The following action was taken after discussion in Executive Session.
· Ratification of the County Manager’s Signature Approval of Purchase Agreement No. 2019-0125-HA/MM for the Acquisition of 6.6 Acres of Land Located on Camino De Jacobo, Santa Fe New Mexico in the Amount of $862,481.13 for the Potential Development of a Housing Project; Granting the County Manager Authorization to Sign the Settlement Agreement and Purchase Order. Approved 4-0, with Commissioner Anaya being absent at the time of the vote.
Ordinances (Possible Action Items)
· Ordinance No. 2018____, An Ordinance Establishing a Fire Code for Santa Fe County by Adopting and Modifying the 2015 Edition of the International Fire Code; Adopting and Modifying the 2015 Edition of the International Wildland-Urban Interface Code; Regulating Fireworks and Excessive Fire Alarms; Requiring Fire Inspections; Providing for Fire Protection System Plan Reviews; Regulating Gates Obstructing Access to Properties; Providing for the Issuance of Permits and Collection of Fees; Repealing Santa Fe County Ordinance Nos. 1988-3, 1991-7 as Amended By 1998-11, And 2001-11; and Repealing Santa Fe County Resolution Nos. 2001-114 as Amended by 2003-47, and 2000-55. (First Public Hearing)
· Community Services Department Monthly Report
· Growth Management Department Monthly Report
· Public Safety Department Monthly Report
· Public Works Department Monthly Report
· Finance Division Monthly Report
· Human Resources Division Monthly Report
Adjournment (Action Item)