January 8, 2019 BCC Summary
Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on January 8, 2019. All five (5) Commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the November 27, 2018 Regular Board of County Commissioners meeting were approved as amended by a vote of 5-0.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items passed by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019-001, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Enterprise Water Fund (505) in the Amount of $121,738.
· Resolution No. 2019-002, A Resolution Requesting an Increase to the State Special Appropriations Fund (318) to Budget Grant #18-C2569 for the Eldorado Trails Project in the Amount of $100,000.
· Resolution No. 2019-003, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Clerk Filing Fees Fund (218) to Budget in the Amount of $25,483.20 for the Purchase of Various Information Technology, Equipment, and Supplies.
· Signature Authorization Be Granted to the County Manager to Sign Purchase Orders with Multiple Source Vendors to Purchase the Vehicles and Necessary Emergency Equipment for Multiple County Sheriff’s Vehicles.
· Signature Authorization for the County Manager to Sign Purchase Order No. 192968 in the Amount of $350,000.00 Payable to the Santa Fe Solid Waste Management Agency for Solid Waste Disposal Fees at the Caja del Rio Landfill.
· Approval of Amendment No. 8 to Agreement No. 2015-0307-FI/MY with HK Advertising to Provide Lodgers Tax Advertising and Promotional Services; Increasing Compensation an Additional Amount of $156,124.00, Inclusive of Gross Receipts Tax, for A Total Contract Sum of $1,606,721.96; and, Authorizing the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order.
(End of Consent Agenda)
· Approval of Appointment/Re-Appointment of Leroy Lopez (District 1), J.J. Gonzales (District 3), Frank Katz (District 4), and Fred Raznick (District 5) to the Santa Fe County Planning Commission. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Appointment of James Allen Hayes, Esq. to the Santa Fe County Ethics Board. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019 -004, A Resolution Adopting the Santa Fe County Open Space, Trails and Parks Strategic Management Plan. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019-005, A Resolution Modifying the Santa Fe County Fire Department’s Volunteer Recruitment and Retention Incentive Program and Rescinding Resolution No. 2007-158, as Amended by Resolution Nos. 2009-10 and 2014-62. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019-006, A Resolution Adopting the Santa Fe County Debt Management Policy. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019-007, A Resolution Repealing and Replacing the Santa Fe County Fund Balance, Reserve, and Budget Contingencies Policy. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Resolution No. 2019-008, a Resolution Declaring the Intent of the Board of County Commissioners of Santa Fe County, New Mexico, to Consider for Adoption an Ordinance Authorizing the Issuance and Sale of Santa Fe County, New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax Improvement Revenue Bonds, Series 2019, in an Aggregate Principal Amount not to Exceed $30,000,000 for Purposes of Financing Costs of (1) Planning, Designing, Acquiring, Constructing, Renovating, Rehabilitating, Equipping and Furnishing a County Administration Complex and Related Facilities; (2) Planning, Designing, Surveying and Constructing Roads Pursuant to a Settlement Agreement with the Pueblo of San Ildefonso; (3) Planning, Designing, Acquiring, and Constructing Capital Improvements Necessary to Comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act Countywide; and (4) Paying Costs of Issuance of the Bonds; and Directing the Publication of a Notice of Meeting, Public Hearing, and Intent to Consider and Ordinance Authorizing the Series 2019 Bonds in a Newspaper of General Circulation within the County, as Required by Section 4-37-7 NMSA 1978. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Memorandum of Agreement between Santa Fe County and the North Central Regional Transit District (NCRTD) to Provide an FY2019 Contribution Of Operational Funding for Route 255- Mountain Trail. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
· Approval of Amendment No. 8 to the Project Management and Fiscal Services Agreement for the Buckman Direct Diversion Project. Approved by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Hansen abstaining from the vote.
· Approval of Contract 2019-0003-PW/KE for Engineering Design Services for the NE/SE Road Connector Project between Santa Fe County and Souder Miller and Associates in the Amount of $1,102,456.38, Exclusive of GRT and Authorizing the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order. Approved by a vote of 5-0.
Matters of Public Concern
Matters From the County Manager
· Discussion of, Direction on and Possible Vote of Support for or Opposition to Bills Introduced or Proposed for Introduction in the First Session of the 54th Legislature of the State of New Mexico.
· Discussion of and Direction on Various Capital Outlay Requests Submitted on Behalf of Non-Profit Organizations.
Presentation on Public Review Draft on the Sustainable Land Development Code, Chapter 11 Revisions.
Discussion on Weather Related Occurrences
Matters from County Commissioners
· Election of Board of County Commissioners Chair for 2019. Commissioner Anna T. Hamilton elected Chair by a vote of 5-0.
· Election of Board of County Commissioners Vice-Chair for 2019. Henry Roybal elected Vice-Chair by a vote of 5-0.
· Appointments of County Commissioners and Staff to Boards and Committees of the Following Entities: Buckman Direct Diversion, Santa Fe Metropolitan Planning Organization, North Central New Mexico Economic Development District, North Central Regional Transit District, Regional Coalition of LANL Communities, Santa Fe Solid Waste Management Agency, Santa Fe County Investment Committee, Santa Fe County Audit Committee, the Estancia Valley Economic Development Association, Northern Rio Grande Heritage Area and the New Mexico Association of Counties Multi-line and Worker’s Compensation Pool Boards and General Membership.
Commissioner Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Constituent Concerns, Recognitions, and Requests for Updates or Future Presentations. (Non-Action Items)
· Celebrating Santa Fe County’s People, Talents and Initiatives.
Matters from Other Elected Officials (Non-Action Items)
Elected Officials Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Updates, Concerns, Recognitions.
Matters From the County Attorney
Executive Session. Limited Personnel Matters, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(2) NMSA 1978; Board Deliberations in Public Hearing(s) on the Agenda, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(3) NMSA 1978; Discussion of Contents of Competitive Sealed Proposals Pursuant to the Procurement Code During Contract Negotiations as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(6); Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(7) NMSA 1978; and, Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(8) NMSA 1978, including:
· Aamodt Settlement/Pojoaque Basin Regional Water Authority
· Evaluation of Santa Fe County Manager
No action was taken as a result of Executive Session.