Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on August 28, 2018. Three (3) Commissioners were present, with Commissioner Anaya and Commissioner Roybal excused.
The BCC meeting minutes from the July 31, 2018 Board of County Commissioners Meeting were approved by a unanimous vote, 3-0.
· Recognition of Robert Griego, Planning Manager, on Receiving the Citizen Planner Award from Western Planning.
· Recognition of Years of Service for Santa Fe County Employees.
o Five (5) Years: Jared Martinez- PS/Fire
Jerome Roybal- GM/Building & Development
Damian Berry- CSD/Health & Human Services
Terry Lease- PW/Public Works Admin
David Ruiz Cortazar- PW/Project & Facilities Mgmt
Ricardo Vigil- PS/Corrections
o Ten (10) Years: Teresa Martinez- County Clerk/Bureau of Elections
Scott Kaseman- PW/ Projects & Facilities Mgmt
Michael Mestas- PS/Fire
o Fifteen (15) Years: Valeria Valencia- Sheriff/Animal Control
o Twenty (20) Years: Donna Morris- CMO/Finance (Fire)
Anthony Maez- Sheriff/Animal Control
· Introduction of New Santa Fe County Employees.
· Recognition of New Mexico Edge Graduates.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items approved by a vote of 3-0.
· Approval of County Health Care Assistance Claims in the Amount of $89,160.18.
· Approval of Amendment No. 3 to the Professional Service Agreement No. 2017-0249-PW/IC Between Santa Fe County and Stantec Consulting Inc. Extending the Term of the Agreement an Additional Year and Increasing the Compensation an Additional $158,998.00 Inclusive of New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax for a Total Agreement Amount of $407,998.00, and Granting the County Manager Authorization to Sign the Purchase Order.
· Approval of Amendment No. 3 to the Professional Service Agreement No. 2017-0028-B Between Santa Fe County and Southwest Fire Defense Extending the Term of the Agreement an Additional Year and Increasing the Compensation an Additional $80,000.00, exclusive of New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax for a Total Agreement Amount of $300,000.00, Granting the County Manager Authorization to Sign the Purchase Orders.
· Approval of Third Supplemental Addendum to Master Agreement and Schedule NM2016-001.01 for Licensed Software, Hardware and Services Between Santa Fe County and TRTA Gov, Inc., Increasing the Compensation an Additional $113,229.81 for a Total Contract Sum of $325,564.19, Exclusive of New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax and Granting Signature Authorization to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order
· CASE # SCSD 17-5330 Pilot Travel Center, LLC Conceptual Plan Exit 278, LLC/Pilot Travel Centers, LLC, Applicants. James W. Siebert and Associates, Inc., Agent, Requested Approval of a Conceptual Plan to Allow a Phased Development on a Twenty Six Acre Tract. A Minor Subdivision Will Be Requested to Create a 10 Acre + Parcel For the Pilot Flying J Travel Center Development. Each Phase Within the Minor Subdivision Will be Subject to Stand-Alone Applications to Be Developed in Conformance with the Approved Conceptual Plan. The First Phase Will Consist of a 10 Acre + Parcel For the Pilot Flying J Travel Center Development and Approval of the Uses For the Pilot Flying J Development Which Will Consist Of A 13,600 Square Foot Structure Housing Restaurants, Convenience Store, Restrooms and Other Amenities to Serve as a Travel Center/Truck Stop Type of Facility. The Site is Within the Planned Development District Santa Fe Community College District (CCD), Employment Center (CCD-EC). The Site is Located at the Intersection of NM Highway 14 and I-25 Within T16N, R8E, Section 24, SDA-1 (Commission District 5). (Conceptual Plan Approved 4-1 and Truck Stop Use Denied 4-1)
· Resolutions No. 2018-85, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase/Decrease to the Fire Fund (209) to Budget Actual FY2019 Amounts Awarded by the State Fire Marshal for an Increase of +$62,688/ Decrease of -$44,332.
· Resolution No. 2018-86, A Resolution Requesting to Budget Revenue and Expenditures for New Mexico True Cooperative Marketing Award No. 19-418-3002-M26 in the Additional Amount of $6,000. (Fund 215))
· Resolution No. 2018-87, A Resolution Designating the Portion of Henry Lynch Road Located Within Commission District 2, Outside the Incorporated City of Santa Fe, A County-Maintained Road.
· Resolution No. 2018-¬88, A Resolution Requesting to Budget Revenue and Expenditures for HIDTA Award #G18SN0011A Region III Drug Task Force in the Additional Amount of $8,144 (Fund 246).
(End of Consent Agenda)
· Resolution No. 2018-89, A Resolution Adopted in Compliance with Section 3-18-5 NMSA 1978, Declaring the Property Located at 21 Fin Del Sendero a Menace to the Public Comfort, Health, Peace or Safety, Confirming that Santa Fe County Removed Dangerous Debris from 21 Fin Del Sendero, and Requesting that the County Manager Have This Resolution Served on the Property Owner and Thereafter File a Lien Against the Property in the Amount of the Cost of the Remediation. Approved by a vote of 3-0.
· Resolution No. 2018-90, A Resolution Increasing and Decreasing Various Capital Project Budgets from Various Funding Sources. Approved by a vote of 3-0.
· Resolution No. 2018-91, A Resolution Realigning Community Services Department Budget to Correct Fund Allocations. Approved by a vote of 3-0.
· Presentation and Possible Action on the New Mexico Counties 2019 Legislative Priorities. Approved by a vote of 3-0.
Matters From the County Manager
· Update and Discussion on the Proposed Adoption of the 2015 International Fire Code and the 2015 Wildland Urban Interface Code.
· Presentation on Santa Fe County’s Accountable Health Community.
· Update on the Open Space, Trails and Parks Strategic Management Plan and 20 Year Anniversary Celebration.
· Update and Discussion on the Fire Impact Fee Process.
· Update and Discussion on the FY 2018 4th Quarter Strategic Plan Performance Measures.
· Update on Construction Contract No. 2018-0336-PW/MM Between Santa Fe County and Vital Consulting Group, LLC for Construction Services for County Road 67F, La Barbaria Drainage and Road Improvements Project.
Matters from County Commissioners
Presentation and Proclamations (Action Items)
· Approval of A Proclamation Honoring the Public Service of Pablo and Dorothy Sedillo.
· Approval of A Proclamation Proclaiming September 1 through September 8, 2018, as Ageless Living Week in Santa Fe County.
Commissioner Issues and Comments, Including but not Limited to Constituent Concerns, Recognitions, and Requests for Updates or Future Presentations. (Non-Action Items)
· Discussion on the Regional Coalition of LANL Communities.
Matters From the County Attorney
· Executive Session. Limited Personnel Matters, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(2) NMSA 1978; Board Deliberations in Public Hearing(s) on the Agenda, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(3) NMSA 1978; Discussion of Contents of Competitive Sealed Proposals Pursuant to the Procurement Code During Contract Negotiations as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(6); Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(7) NMSA 1978; and, Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(8) NMSA 1978.
o Aamodt Settlement / Pojoaque Basin Regional Water Project
o Real Property Acquisitions
o 21 Fin Del Sendero
No action was taken as a result of Executive Session.
· Community Services Department Monthly Report
· Growth Management Department Monthly Report
· Public Safety Department Monthly Report
· Public Works Department Monthly Report
· Finance Division Monthly Report
· Human Resources Division Monthly Report
Adjournment (Action Item)