How to Apply for Jobs
- All applications for vacant Santa Fe County Job positions must be submitted online.
- Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application
- Attach any required documentation, for example, high school diploma or equivalent, a degree, or certifications. (See additional info on document attachments below.) Application will be automatically rejected if required documents are not attached.
You may apply online here from any computer OR if you need a computer, two are available for application use at the Santa Fe County Human Resources Division. The Human Resources Division is located at 102 Grant Avenue; Santa Fe, NM 87501. The telephone number is 505-992-9880, and the fax number is 505-992-9895.
Your profile will be stored in the system. Each time you apply for a position your profile will automatically attach to the application. If you need to make any changes, at any time, you can always go in there log in and edit your profile. Please note your profile user name and password are case sensitive.
CREATE A PROFILE AND APPLY ONLINE HERE »
For law enforcement jobs, please download, complete, scan and attach the following form:
TIPS FOR A COMPLETE APPLICATION
- Review your application and verify your application represents your employment history accurately and that it includes valid professional references and telephone numbers.
- Verify all contact information is current.
- When filling out the duties section, be specific in your explanation.
- Make sure to complete employment dates.
- Fill out the reference section professional reference (cannot be a relative).
- Attach any required documentation, for example, high school diploma or equivalent, a degree, or certifications. (See additional info on document attachments below.)
- If the job posting has a closing date, be sure to submit it before the close of business on that day (5 p.m.).
- Be sure the application is completely filled out. We do not accept resumes in lieu of the application.
Required Application Document Attachments
It is very important to upload and attach required documents to your application before the closing date and time. Read the minimum qualifications to know what is required for each job (H.S. diploma or equivalent, driver’s license, certifications, etc.). For law enforcement jobs, see note above regarding the Hold Harmless Agreement.
Once you submit your application, you can no longer upload any documents to that submitted application, so please ensure you upload everything you need before you click the "SUBMIT APPLICATION" button. Human Resources will not accept paper documents through fax or email.
- Once a job has closed, the Human Resources Division will screen all applications received by the closing date to determine if applicants have met the minimum qualifications.
- Applications of the applicants who met the minimum requirements will be sent to the hiring department or office.
- Applicants who have not met the minimum requirements will be notified by the Human Resources Division.
- The hiring department or office will then proceed to the interview process.
- The hiring department will then make a contingent offer, and the selected candidate will be notified and subject to pre-employment testing.