News and Articles
County seeking members for COLTPAC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE June 29, 2022
SANTA FE, NM - Santa Fe County is seeking residents to serve on the County Open Lands, Trails and Parks Advisory Committee (COLTPAC), an advisory committee to the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) on matters relating to open space, trails, and parks. Members are being sought to fill two vacancies on the committee: one member in District 4, and one at-large member.
Committee members are appointed by the BCC based on letters of interest and qualifications. Members should be of diverse backgrounds, representative of the varied users of Santa Fe County’s open space, trails, and parks. Desirable expertise among the membership of the committee include experience in conservation, restoration, natural and cultural resources, community interests, education, trails planning and construction, hydrology, agriculture, wildlife, water, management and stewardship, public administration, or finance.
The duties and responsibilities of the committee are to:
- Evaluate applications by property owners and recommend to the BCC property to be acquired for open space, trails, and parks;
- Establish volunteer subcommittees to address specific concerns for open space, trails, and parks;
- Examine and make changes to the criteria for property selection, when necessary;
- Assist in updating and reviewing the Open Space and Trails Plan, as necessary;
- Advise on the funding for the Open Space and Trails Program; and
- Work with County staff to provide public outreach.
The committee meets as often as necessary to carry out its work, but not less than quarterly. Committee members serve a three-year term.
If you are interested in serving on the committee, please mail or email your resume and letter of interest, including a physical address and phone number, to:
Santa Fe County Planning Division
Attn: Adeline Murthy, Open Space & Trails Senior Planner
P.O. Box 276, Santa Fe, NM 87504-0276
For consideration, materials must be received by Monday, July 18, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact Adeline Murthy, Open Space & Trails Senior Planner, at 505-995-2774, email@example.com.