News and Articles
Seeking residents to serve on the County Open Lands, Trails and Parks Advisory Committee (COLTPAC)
SANTA FE, NM - Santa Fe County is seeking residents to serve on the County Open Lands, Trails and Parks Advisory Committee (COLTPAC). COLTPAC serves as an advisory committee to the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) on matters relating to open space, trails and parks. Members are being sought to fill four vacancies on the Committee: one member in District 3, one member in District 4, and two at-large members.
Committee members are appointed by the BCC based on letters of interest and qualifications. Members should be of diverse backgrounds, representative of the varied users of Santa Fe County’s open space, trails, and parks. Desirable expertise among the membership of the Committee include experience in conservation, restoration, natural and cultural resources, community interests, education, trails planning and construction, hydrology, agriculture, wildlife, water, management and stewardship, public administration, or finance.
The duties and responsibilities of the Committee are to:
- Evaluate applications by property owners and to recommend to the BCC property to be acquired for open space, trails and parks;
- Establish volunteer subcommittees to address specific concerns for open space, trails and parks;
- Examine and make changes to the criteria for property selection, when necessary;
- Assist in updating and reviewing the Open Space and Trails Plan, as necessary;
- Advise on the funding for the Open Space and Trails Program; and\
- Work with County staff to provide public outreach.
The Committee meets quarterly, with occasional additional meetings as needed to carry out its work. Committee meetings are typically held after 5:00 p.m. Committee members serve a three-year term.
If you are interested in serving on the committee, please email your resume and letter of interest, including a physical address and phone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be mailed to:
Santa Fe County Planning Division
Growth Management Department
Attn: Adeline Murthy
P.O. Box 276
Santa Fe, NM 87504-0276
For consideration, applications must be received by Monday, March 27, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.