Inmate Mail Policy and Procedure
All mail must be mailed in to Santa Fe County Adult Correctional Facility through the U.S. Postal Service, or similar delivery service. No mail is permitted to be “dropped off."
Inmate Account Balances
- Effective April 25th, 2019 money that is being sent to the inmates for his/her personal use is subject to balance limitation. Inmates will only be allowed to have two-hundred dollars ($200.00) balance in their inmate trust accounts at any given time. If the inmates has a two-hundred dollar ($200.00) balance in their accounts no additional will be accepted. If a money order is sent in, it will not be accepted and the money order will be returned to sender.
- Cash, personal checks, and Payroll Checks not accepted
- Money orders and cashier’s checks ONLY
- Money orders and cashier’s checks must contain Inmates Name and ID# (Found in Inmate Lookup)
- Inmates MUST submit friend and family member information to their designated case worker prior to receiving money orders and/or cashier’s checks.
- ALL mail is inspected and searched for contraband
- No polaroid Photos
- No damaged or tampered (manipulated) photos
- No more than 6 photos per envelope
- No Photos larger than 5x7 in.
- No nudity or gang affiliated photos and/or propaganda
- No picture collages (photos must be CUT out of photo sheets)
- No Drawings in color pencil, markers, Crayola, paint, water colors etc.
- No Letters written in Multi Colored Gel Pens. (Black or Blue Pen only)
- No Letters typed in Multi Colored Ink. (Black or Blue Ink Only)
- No Letters written or typed on multi colored paper. (White or college ruled paper only)
- No Damaged or Tampered (manipulated) Letters
- No Jewelry, trinkets, or loose items (this includes Prayer Rosaries)
- No news clippings
- No magazine clippings
- No calling cards
- No laminated items
- No Plastic items of any kind
- No stationary items such as: stamps, envelopes, or blank paper
- No stickers, they will be removed and discarded (including address Labels
- Information and materials which would create a significant threat to the security or order of the facility or to the physical safety of an individual
- Threats of Blackmail or extortion
- Plans of sending or receiving contraband
- Plans of escape
- Plans of activities in violation of facility regulation order or policy
- Criminal activity or plans of criminal activity
- Coded messages that are NOT reasonably decipherable by the reader
- Graphic presentation of sexual behavior that are in violation of law or material, which advocate or may lead to prohibited sexual activity, to include personal photos showing nudity (Ex. Soft Pornography)
- Mail received or sent from one correctional facility to another not approved by the Warden
- Mail received or sent from one inmate to another while housed in the Santa Fe County Adult Detention Facility and not approved by the Warden
- Any mail received that promotes gang or gang activities, will be submitted to the STIU department for determination of appropriateness or rejection of mail
- Publications and Subscriptions Allowed with Prior Approval. Inmate is allowed up to two (2) publications or subscriptions at a time.
- No reading material that has been sent in by a family member or friend will be accepted. (Must come directly from publishing house or Online book store)
- Letters, pictures, and envelopes containing: Cosmetics, Perfumes, Glitter, Cologne, or any other unknown substance.
- No Greeting Cards of any kind (Xerox black and white copies only)
Please Send ALL Mail to:
Santa Fe County Adult Correctional Facility (with inmate Full name and six (6) digit ID)
28 Camino Justicia
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87508